Aware of its contribution to the Brazilian economic development, TBG strives to practice social responsibility, ethics and transparency to its business, activities and relationship with the stakeholders. Respect for human rights and citizenship and encouraging ethical and transparent behaviors are present in the Company’s activities and codes of conduct and aligned with universal documents such as the Global Compact, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Millennium Development Goals. We are committed to the effective abolition of child and forced labour in our contracts and extended to the entire value chain.
Social Responsibility Policy
Provide the energy that moves society to accomplish its full potential, respecting human rights and environment, interacting responsibly with nearby communities and overcoming sustainability challenges of our business, including the transition to a low-carbon energy matrix.
We commit to:
1. Identify, analyze, and mitigate social risks related to the interaction of our business, society and the environment and promote the social and environmental management in our supply chain.
2. Integrate social responsibility issues into our business management and decision-making process.
3. Respect human rights, seeking to prevent and mitigate negative impacts on our direct activities, supply chain and partnerships, and fight against discrimination in all forms.
4. Manage our relationship with nearby communities on a continuous and transparent basis, contributing to our businesses and to local development.
5. Invest in socio-environmental projects, contributing to nearby communities, and society as a whole, in alignment with our business objectives as well as collaborating to environmental conservation and livelihoods improvement.
6. Be prepared for emergencies, potential conflicts and crises involving our nearby communities.
7. Communicate and report clearly, objectively and transparently our sustainability performance to all stakeholders.
8. Contribute to sustainable development and to climate change mitigation in alignment with national and international commitments which TBG be a signatory.
9. Disseminate the Social Responsibility Policy and commit our workforce in order to implement activities in a socially responsible manner.